How to Prepare and score Good marks in Science Paper?
Science is subject of observations and experiments .Some of the topics in 8th standard will come again in higher standards .So you need to learn these topics carefully .If you want to get more marks you need to concentrate right from the beginning of the classes .For that you need to focus on classes .
Let us find the syllabus for class 8 science :
- Crop Production and Management
- Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
- Synthetic Fibers and Plastics
- Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
- Coal and Petroleum
- Combustion and Flame
- Conservation and Flame
- Cell Structure and Functions
- Reproduction in Animals
- Reaching the Age of Adolescence
- Force and Pressure
- Chemical Effects of Electric Current
- Some natural Phenomena
- Stars and the Solar System
- Pollution of Air and Water
How to get more marks in science with the help of CBSE previous years question papers
- To get more marks in science ,collect all CBSE previous years question papers .
- As science is an experimental subjects ,some of the questions in the previous years papers will be experimental based.Whenever you come across such type of questions ,do those experiments.
- For experiment related questions write down the observations and make conclusions .
- By doing this you will understand the logic behind any answer.
- For theoretical questions you can refer to your text books .
- You can get 60-70 % of marks if you answer all the CBSE previous years question papers .
How to read the CBSE study material to get more marks in science :
- CBSE study material will have lot of theory ,which means you need lot of time to read .
- This material will have exercises also ,always complete these exercises on your own.
- While doing the exercises on your own you will have more attention .
- Read the theory also before doing the exercise
- Question and answers will also given in the CBSE study material
Along with the study materials and previous years question papers make CBSE study notes.
Steps to make CBSE study notes :
- Write down all the important points in the CBSE study notes.
- Start making the notes after going through the material and question papers.
- While answering the previous years question papers ,write down all the difficult questions in the study note .
- After reading a lesson write down all the important points in the study notes.
- CBSE study note samples will be made available in many websites .
Science will get divided into physics ,chemistry and biology in further standards.If you want to answer all the choose the correct answers ,then you should take online test series science and practice test science seriously .
Online test series science : Online test series science ask the questions in the pattern of choose the correct answers .Some times the questions will have negative marks for wrong answers.
These tests are not only for the final exams ,they will also help a lot in competitive exams.Many educational apps will have online classes and online tests .Go for both online classes and tests .
When you opt for online classes you listen to the lessons you have missed .If you are finding difficulty in any topic ,then you should listen to that lesson again and again ,only then you will find the topic easy.
These classes will be conducted by experts and you will get class like experience .They will teach the class in a way that will help you in both competitive and board exams.
Practice test science : Practice test science will come along with online test series science ,practice test science will take lot of time to answer .
These test series will not have any time limit ,you will be given many questions for a particular topic .It is better if you answer these questions right after the lesson is completed .
After completion of all the practice tests ,if you have time you can answer the tests again.
Preparation tips :
- Select a place which is free from disturbances
- If possible have a study lamp
- Study lamp will improve focus
- Place a globe on your study table ,globe will also improve your concentration
- Always organize your study table
- Allocate time everyday instead of doing it once in a while ,because this will decrease last minute stress .
- Quickly Revise everything in the morning
- Draw charts and paste these charts in your room
- Use colour pens on charts .
- Write short notes on a topic after reading it
- Your planning should not disturb other subjects .
- Based on the difficulty level of the exam ,assign time for that topic .
- If the experiment is easy you can do it in the home .